Wine cellar fridges are awesome to have if you want to keep your bottles at drinking temperature. They’re also nice to have if you simply want an efficient way to prolong the life of your wine without dedicating an entire room to becoming an actual cellar. If you’re looking to store and cool more than 20 bottles of wine at once, one product to consider is the AKDY 28-Bottle Single-Zone Freestanding Wine Cooler.
This model is a really great value. And I dare say it might be the best wine fridge available for under $200. Here’s more info to tell you why:
One of the stand-out features of this AKDY wine cooler is that it holds 28 bottles of wine, which is significantly more than some other wine cooler models I’ve reviewed at this price point. Its wire racks are stable, securely hold the wine, and slide in and out easily. The machine uses a thermoelectric cooling system that’s fairly quiet the majority of the time, and it also rarely vibrates.
The design of this cellar fridge is energy efficient, and it also has a neat touchpad that controls the temperature inside. An LED display clearly shows what temperature the cooler is set to, and you can move the temperature up or down with the touch of a button.
Another nice thing about the AKDY 28 Bottle cooler is how nice it looks. The profile is attractive and the black color ensures it can easily sit on display anywhere in your home and look great. This model is also a good pick if you don’t want a wine fridge that takes up tons of space, as it’s just 20 inches by 16.9 inches horizontally and 28.6 inches in height.
Wine enthusiasts will appreciate the excellent features of this cooler:
- It’s very sleek looking and will fit well into most decor.
- The wine cellar really does get down to 54 degrees and will stay cool.
- The touch screen controls are super easy and convenient to use.
- If you have a lot of wine bottles, this can be your one place to store them all. Of course, if you keep more than 28 bottles on hand you’ll need to either buy two coolers or find an alternative storage solution for your other bottles.
There are some concerns about this wine fridge, but few are total deal breakers:
- If you want to store a lot of sparkling or white wine and you prefer to drink it around 46 degrees Fahrenheit or so, this may not be the best cooler to get. At best, it cools down to 54 degrees F. If you aren’t willing to chill sparkling and white wines in the fridge before serving, this isn’t the cooler for you.
- Sometimes this model will make a noticeable humming noise, but it usually only happens when the weather is hotter and it has to work harder to cool the bottles.
- The 28 bottle capacity will work well for casual wine drinkers and those who keep 28 bottles or less on hand, but those who have expansive wine collections will need more space.
For a convenient, easy to use, and space saving way to store your wine, the AKDY 28-Bottle Single Zone Cooler is a great choice. It’s attractive, works well, and its sub-$200 price point is a bargain. To store more than 20 bottles without spending a bundle, this wine fridge is well worth a look.
What happens when you want to enjoy the silky taste and authentic aroma of your favorite wine beverages? Well, a worthwhile choice for you would be to keep the wine at the appropriate temperatures. Serving your vino too cold may cause it to lose its consistent taste while warm temperatures might speed up the aging process. Nonetheless, whether you are an aspiring wine connoisseur or an experienced wine taster, you don’t have to spend a significant amount of money to develop a property with a wine cellar underground. Instead, an excellent investment would be to get the AKDY 32-Bottle Single-Zone Wine Cooler, which is designed to provide solid performance at impressive affordability.
Double Transparent Glass Window and Environmentally friendly design
This wine cooler features a sleek and contemporary design tailor made for people who appreciate quality products in life. To be specific, it comes with a double transparent glass window that lets you view your wine bottles without the necessarily having to open the cooler itself. By the same token, this particular design makes it stand out from the conventional wine coolers that are available on the consumer market today. Users will also appreciate the environmentally friendly design that is intended to mitigate the effects of harmful CFCs and with low energy consumption and efficient heat dissipation.
Electronic touch-pad control provides precise temperature adjustments.
Another equally important feature on this AKDY freestanding wine refrigerator is that it comes with an electronic touch-pad. This allows for precise temperature adjustments for your unique needs. More so, the electronic touch-pad is well positioned for easy accessibility. It also comes with LED lighting to provide the ideal visibility levels especially in poorly lit conditions.
LED Lighting Inside and chrome-plated chrome
Further lending to the superior design of this wine cooler is that it comes with LED lighting on the interior. It attractively illuminates and displays your exclusive wine collection. Simply put, this wine cooler cannot only store your favorite wine beverages, but it also lets you do so with class and style. Furthermore, it also comes with eight full-width, chrome plated shelves and provides more than sufficient space to store 32 conventional bottles of wine.
Thermoelectric fan cooling system and sleek design
This medium capacity freestanding wine cellar makes use of a thermoelectric fan cooling system. The advantages are this is highly silent in operation and has a low vibration level as well. Moreover, this unit also comes with a sleek and contemporary design that makes it stand out from the conventional wine coolers. In particular, the wine cooler features a silver colored cabinet with stainless steel door trim. This makes it an excellent addition to any décor.
- I like how this wine cooler comes with a chrome plated design and LED lighting inside
- You will be surprised at a how silent this wine cooler is in operation
- I also liked how this wine cooler can store as many as 32 bottles of wine. The average person won’t need more than this unless they’re a real serious collector.
- It is a thermoelectric unit instead of a compressor thereby making it sensitive to the temperature of the room
- I sometimes have to remove the shelving to accommodate my larger wine bottles, but at least they can be accommodated.
Given all these points, when it comes to storing your favorite wine beverages, then this model would be a solid choice. I would recommend it more for someone who wants to keep a large quantity of red wines at home. The thermoelectric style cooler is good for keeping wines at a fair storage temperature. Its also nice for keeping reds at an ideal serving temperature, but is probably not going to chill white wines to their best serving temp.